Top Gear + Fifth Gear = Final Gear

    The Brits, some people think they are a bunch of arrogant arses, but they know how to make a proper car show. If you are a fan of the British car shows, namely the Top Gear and the Fifth Gear, the place to be is a site called the Final Gear. Here is an excerpt from their About page:


    "In late October of 2003, Vuk and I (Viper007Bond) were members of the forum at Fast-Autos.net. At the time, I had only seen small clips here and there of the shows as there wasn't really any public way to get either show. So, long story short, the wonderful Vuk started ripping episodes for me and sending them to me. In return, I started hosting the rips on my personal site for the members of the Fast-Autos.net forum.

    I quickly used up all of my bandwidth though and went to a crazy system where I had different people hosting the episodes to distribute the bandwidth. That didn't work for too long though as the bandwidth was just too immense. Not to mention the site was really ugly (I rock at web design, don't I?).

    Then in March of 2004, I released version 2.0 of the site. It featured a much less ugly design as well as the use of torrents. It was still hosted at http://gear.viper007bond.com/ and was fully dynamic, rather than like the previous site that was static. However, by the end of 2004, the site had outgrown my shared hosting account resulting in a close of the forums and not long after, my host made me kill this site from my account.

    That resulted in the site being moved to it's own domain name and donated hosting and how the site came to be known as FinalGear.com. During the move, we redesigned the site again to look like what it does now."


    Basically, at the Final Gear you will find a place to discuss current episode of your favorite TV show, and the place to show your admiration/disdain towards Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May or Tiff Needell, Vicki, Jason, and Tom. And the best part is that you will also find some torrent files there :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...